title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Restore mp3 tagging to normal Windows Explorer after uninstalling?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrazedSquirrel
    • Jul 2011

Restore mp3 tagging to normal Windows Explorer after uninstalling?

This is my first post on these forums! I hope I can get my question answered by those more knowledgeable in dbpoweramp than me.

I recently installed the Dbpoweramp converter and loved the program, but preferred the basic method of tagging mp3 files in Windows Explorer. I went into configuration and unchecked many of the boxes for Windows Explorer Integration for dbpoweramp.

After that, while right-clicking on an mp3 file and going into the "details", I saw that I was unable to click and edit any information of the file. Here is an image of what it looked like when I tried to edit the tags of an mp3 file.

Mp3 Files in my collection that already contained information were no longer visible. While attempting to edit some information in the file, a notice appeared that said "Error 0x8007007E: The specified module could not be found."

I uninstalled all components of dbpoweramp in hopes that it would resolve the error, but I was still unable to edit any info in Windows Explorer for any audio file. Should I install dbpoweramp again and try to configure the Windows Integration settings once more to resolve the problem?

Thank you for taking the time to read my post!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Restore mp3 tagging to normal Windows Explorer after uninstalling?

Install R14.2 from the beta section of this forum, then uninstall.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• CrazedSquirrel
      • Jul 2011

That worked! Thank you so much. :happy:

Comment

• mikebek
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
        Install R14.2 from the beta section of this forum, then uninstall.
        For me it didn't worked. Can you give me a solution?

Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

What issue are you facing exactly? after uninstalling dbpoweramp there is no mp3 tag editing or properties?
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mikebek
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
            What issue are you facing exactly? after uninstalling dbpoweramp there is no mp3 tag editing or properties?
            The problem is that when I install that version i get an even different display of properties, different from the windows 7 original and different from the that the first dbpoweramp display.

And when I uninstall i get the old dbpoweramp display
            Last edited by mikebek; October 06, 2011, 09:33 PM. Reason: completing the answer

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Different in which way? and properties where? if you right click on a file >> properties
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• gellied
                • Nov 2011

I reinstalled 14.2 > CONFIG > unchecked all options on the last tab (with internet and handling options) > ta-da!
                Didn't even have to uninstall it, fixed up immediately when I UNCHECKED all options on that last tab of CONFIG

Comment

Working...

]]>