title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

missing columns in newly purchased dbpoweramp

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidAston
    • Jun 2011

missing columns in newly purchased dbpoweramp

Hello There
    Having so enjoyed, and been completely awestruck with a demonstration version of dbpoweramp, I have today purchased the reference version.
    I have noticed that the Album Column does not appear in the ripping page. For the last week or two I have, among many others, been ripping my own compilations which are imaginatively called "Dave No.1" etc. As I start on "Dave No.39" I find it appears on my external drive as "Rachel Portman", (one of the Artists on the disc.) Can I get the albums column back do you think? I am using Vista.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: missing columns in newly purchased dbpoweramp

CD Ripper would not have an album column as there is only one album per disc, unless you refer to the Artist column?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• DavidAston
      • Jun 2011

Thanks for commenting Spoon. As they are my compilations, they may in fact have more than one album per disc. However, isn't it possible that I have had the album column in the demonstration version? I don't think I have finished the 21 day trial with that software, but it probably would be impossible, or in my case horribly difficult to try and load it back on. In fact I can give you an example of how it has changed for me today. I have just ripped "Guys and Dolls". Before today, I would have called the album "Guys and Dolls". In my external drive it is calling itself "Frank Loesser". I sort of rest my case!:cry:

Comment

• DavidAston
        • Jun 2011

Sorry to jump straight back in Spoon. At the moment, "West Side Story" is awaiting the dbpoweramp magic. Artist is "Leonard Bernstein" Album "West Side Story". I am sure that before today's purchase, it would have appeared by album title in my external. I rather fancy it is going to call itself by the Artist now, unless I type the album title into the Artist box, which is surely screwy!

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

For each album there is only one Album name specified. If it has the wrong Album name, you can easily change at the top of CD ripper where it says album.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

I think you are confusing the FILE names with the metadata (tags) created when ripping. When you say the name is something else on your "external" I assume you're looking at the file name itself and not the metadata within the tags (i.e., within your audio player, whatever that is).

If this is the case, I suspect you've gotten your dynamic naming settings messed up so that you're naming the files using something different than you want. For example, here is my dynamic naming formula (It puts complilation albums in a subdirectory under "Compilations" but otherwise creates a "drive:\Artist\Album\Track*blooper* - Track Name" listing of the files (actual file location and names).
            Code:
            [IFCOMP]Compilations\[album] [IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track]-[title]-[artist][][IF!COMP][artist]\[album][IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track]-[title][]

Comment

• DavidAston
              • Jun 2011

Spoon,
              If I have, say, two albums on one cd to be ripped, would I tick the first albums tracks, put in artist name and album name, then rip. Repeating the process for the other album afterwards?
              garym,
              I am using a Sonos controller, and can in fact put in an Album name on that device successfully, so you would say, it doesn't matter what shows in the external folder directory. Forgive me, I have just formed an extremely long, and I thought very clear post, but it took me so long to write that I timed out.:cry:
              I think I had better post this before the same happens again.
              Thanks Guys

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Yes
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>