title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How can I remove silences between tracks

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • geh333
    • Dec 2010

How can I remove silences between tracks

Hi.
    Using the free version.
    I have concert material (mp3, FLAC, etc) with each track a separate file. How can I make playback seamless ie stop the software introducing silences between the tracks? Could it be the PauseStart and PauseEnd settings in the config file - currently 7000 and 4000 respectively?
    Thanks.
    Graham
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: How can I remove silences between tracks

Originally posted by geh333
    Hi.
    Using the free version.
    I have concert material (mp3, FLAC, etc) with each track a separate file. How can I make playback seamless ie stop the software introducing silences between the tracks? Could it be the PauseStart and PauseEnd settings in the config file - currently 7000 and 4000 respectively?
    Thanks.
    Graham
    ripping to FLAC and mp3 (lame) are gapless so long as the PLAYER handles gapless. I play lots of concert material (both mp3(lame) and FLAC) with no gaps and nothing special (other than a player that handles it properly). Or are you talking about making CDs from these files? There you have some options on adding or not adding gaps between tracks.

Comment

• geh333
      • Dec 2010

Thanks. The files were not ripped by me; they are live concert recordings such as available from the Internet Music Archive. Each track has a separate file, but some tracks segue into each other and the software introduces silence between the tracks, thus annoyingly interrupting the segue. What I am seeking is how to tell the software not to introduce the silence. Those parameters in the .ini file seem possible. If I change them, and am wrong, am I likely to have trouble changing them back?

Graham

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Thanks. The files were not ripped by me; they are live concert recordings such as available from the Internet Music Archive. Each track has a separate file, but some tracks segue into each other and the software introduces silence between the tracks, thus annoyingly interrupting the segue. What I am seeking is how to tell the software not to introduce the silence. Those parameters in the .ini file seem possible. If I change them, and am wrong, am I likely to have trouble changing them back?
        Graham

I have thousands of files I've downloaded from Live Music Archive (mp3 & flac). These will work perfectly with no gaps without the need to change anything on your end. Again, this assumes your PLAYER will handle gaps properly (and not all will). What software are you using to play these files. Or are you trying to burn these files to a disc. If so, what software are you using? Again, bottom line is that this is all about your PLAYER...the files are already good to go with no gaps!

Comment

• geh333
          • Dec 2010

Software is Asset UPnP being accessed over a LAN by a Naim Uniti. The Naim doesn't introduce the gaps, so it must be the Asset UPnP, which is why I'm asking about the .ini file settings in this forum. What do the .ini settings mean if they don't control the gaps?
          Thanks.
          Graham

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

Software is Asset UPnP being accessed over a LAN by a Naim Uniti. The Naim doesn't introduce the gaps, so it must be the Asset UPnP, which is why I'm asking about the .ini file settings in this forum. What do the .ini settings mean if they don't control the gaps?
            Thanks.
            Graham
            Aha. Now I understand your question. Probably should post this in the Asset forum to get more views. I don't use UPnP or NAIM, but a quick google search led me to this link, which suggests to me that there are issues with NAIM playing gapless. I also recall reading that UPnP is not actually very good with gapless, but that may be old news that has been fixed.

Comment

• geh333
              • Dec 2010

Thanks. Will try there.

Graham

Comment

Working...

]]>