title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How do I play back a cd w/o gaps between songs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dominic925
    • Nov 2010

How do I play back a cd w/o gaps between songs

Can anyone please shed any light on if this is possible and if so, how to accomplish? I mean playback the FLAC tracks ripped from a cd. Sorry

Thank you.
    Last edited by Dominic925; November 28, 2010, 08:55 PM. Reason: clarification.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How do I play back a cd w/o gaps between songs

It more depends on your player, than ripper or format (if lossless), because every ripper will rip gapless and lossless is a gapless format.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Dominic925
      • Nov 2010

Thanks for the quick response. I guess I'm confused. When I rip into ITunes there is an option for "gapless" playback which i select for live cds. When i rip normal cds i don't select the "gapless" option. When I play backup the music on either my computer, ipod or apple tv the live cds play w/o a gap in between tracks on the other cds have the gap. I haven't been able to repeat this w/ marantz network player. I've been using DBpoweramp to rip and assetunpm as the dlna server. Any thoughts?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

DLNA cannot be gapless unless the player does some extension to UPnP (such as the Linn DS extensions).
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Dominic925
          Thanks for the quick response. I guess I'm confused. When I rip into ITunes there is an option for "gapless" playback which i select for live cds. When i rip normal cds i don't select the "gapless" option. When I play backup the music on either my computer, ipod or apple tv the live cds play w/o a gap in between tracks on the other cds have the gap. I haven't been able to repeat this w/ marantz network player. I've been using DBpoweramp to rip and assetunpm as the dlna server. Any thoughts?
          You misunderstand the "gapless" option in ITUNES. Itunes is automatically gapless when ripping. The setting you speak of only needs to be set if you ALSO have CROSSFADE turned on. So if CROSSFADE is on, it will ignore crossfade if you have the gapless option checked for those tracks. But if CROSSFADE is OFF, all songs will play gapless. Of course, there IS a gap between most songs on most CDs so they don't appear to be gapless.

Bottom line, as Spoon says, it is your player that is the issue, not the ripping method. LAME mp3 and all lossless codecs rip losslessly automatically.

Comment

Working...

]]>