title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Need help converting Mp3 to wav.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Helen_McIntyre
    • Mar 2010

Need help converting Mp3 to wav.

Music converter was working fine until HD died and had to replace it. Now I can't set up the converter to turn MP3's into wavs. I have Vista, Windows Player 11 and have tried DB Registered version... 11.5,12, and the newest...13. I would like to keep the size of the file under 2,000 kb's. In the past I have had to use the Lame Acm file but it's not working this time. I am totally lost and don't know what to do. Can any one help?

<edit>

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Spoon; March 29, 2010, 09:10 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Need help converting Mp3 to wav.

Why is Lame ACM not working now, in what way?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Helen_McIntyre
      • Mar 2010

I wish we could do this through email ... this forum is confusing. :-)

Okay... when I convert the mp3... the file size is very small... like 77 kb's. I've tried using different combinations, I don't know the proper terminology...so this is difficult to explain. Let me ask a question... are their different versions of Lame that go with the different versions of dbpoweramp?
      I have three different versions.. 11.5... 12 and 13. I've tried them all, at one point I was able to get a decent size when converting but when playing it back it skipped...like every few seconds, the sound was so distorted you couldn't even recognize the music. I love dbpoweramp, I've used it for years now... but when something goes wrong it's so difficult to figure out. I spent the entire day yesterday, downloading and trying different configuations, different codecs and still couldn't get it working. Right now I have removed the dpoweramp and all the codecs...everything. I don't know which version to use, or what codecs . I'm lost.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You are trying to create a wave file which contains mp3 compression, so install R13, Convert To >> Wave set the compression to 'Wave-mp3' and choose some settings suitable.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>