title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Using DSP effects

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dakeryas
    • Feb 2010

Using DSP effects

Hello,

I wondered if it was possible to use DSP effects to make the encoder fill in the Album Artist tag with the already present Artist tag?

I know how to delete tags, but if I want to add the Album Artist automatically, I can't simply say "add AC/DC in the Album Artist" since I don't only encode AC/DC albums for instance :smile2:!

In a nutshell I would like to know if dBpoweramp can copy the Artist tag into the Album Artist tag.

Many thanks,
    Dakeryas.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Using DSP effects

In the beta section of this forum is are new DSP effects, in the ID Tag Processing you can set rules such as

IF [album artist] = ""
    SET [album artist] = [artist]

(you would have to check the syntax of the above with the help file, as it is from memory)
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Dakeryas
      • Feb 2010

Re: Using DSP effects

I have tried both:

IF Album Artist=[anyvalue]
      SET Album Artist=[artist]

and:

IF Album Artist=
      SET Album Artist=[artist]

according to the help, but none seems to work. What's strange enough is that there are no boxes to tick in the manipulation section for "Ruled Based manipulations", only a "set box" to write the rules.

Any ideas?

EDIT: While it doesn't work with "Manipulations" it does work with "Map", so in some way I've solved the problem.
      Last edited by Dakeryas; February 15, 2010, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>