title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Removing replaygain_track_gain

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • makariverslund
    • Feb 2010

Removing replaygain_track_gain

Ok. I'm going insane trying to clean up my library of audio files. I want to nuke everything to start from a clean slate.

No other program that I've tried (foobar2000, ID3Kill, Mp3tag, tidymp3) can see any tag information on some of these files that dbpoweramp's Edit ID-Tag seems to find! The information is only one some files and is always consistent. If one track has a replaygain_track_gain with a value of -11.10 dB it will always be that value. So, it's obviously getting the information from somewhere.

And, it's only on select files that this "tag" appears, so it's something about how the data was stored that dbpoweramp can read this data but absolutely refuses to remove it.

Any help at all? I can attach an example file if necessary...
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Removing replaygain_track_gain

What audio type?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• makariverslund
      • Feb 2010

All affected files are mp3 format. I did not perform the original rip so I'm uncertain as to what program was used to encode the affected files or (if different from the program used for the rip) add the replay gain meta data.

None of the files that I've ripped myself are affected.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

I think it is possible to store replay gain in the lame header, which would explain why nothing can clear it.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• makariverslund
          • Feb 2010

I see. A quick google showed no tools that I could use to clean the LAME header so, unless I decide to write my own, I guess I'm stuck with it. I wonder if any programs are actually applying this setting then...

Comment

Working...

]]>