title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

volume normalize with album gain..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HotBlack
    • Jan 2010

volume normalize with album gain..

I have recently swtiched to dbpoweramp and for the sake of keeping the 1000s of mp3 tracks already in my music library the same I'd appreciate some input on how to accomplish 2 tasks:

-I'd like to volume normalize my mp3 using album gain rather than track gain. Adjusting the volume, not storing it in the ID tags, and

-I'd like to have the album gain value that is applied appear in the comment field as "AG applied: (value)"

is this possible? If so, how would I go about it?

Cheers,
    HB
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: volume normalize with album gain..

1: You would have to calculate replaygain add to the tags. Then convert those mp3 >> mp3 (with a quality loss) and include the DSP effect 'ReplayGain (apply)'

2: Is not easy as by default Replaygain is dropped on conversion, you could

Install: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=20160

Install [ID Tag Update] and copy the replaygain_album_gain tag to replaygain_album_gain1, then do the actual conversion in 1 above but use ID Tag Processing DSP and add a Rule based manipulation of

IF abc=
    SET Comment=AG applied: [tag]replaygain_album_gain1[]

** I have not tested the above
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• HotBlack
      • Jan 2010

Re: volume normalize with album gain..

Thank you, I'll give it a try.. but to be honest, sounds like it's going to be more hassle then it's worth. :o
      I'd did an ABX comparison of previous rips vs. ones done with dbpamps volume normalization: Track Gain and I failed to find any differance so I think I'll just roll with it.

excellent software, very glad to have made the switch! Should have jumped on board ages ago!:p

Comment

Working...

]]>