title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

tag conversions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gmeister
    • Jan 2010

tag conversions

I'm looking for an application that can do a batch convert (20k+ songs) of audio tags. I've got several different audio tags and not all are compatible with all audio players. Some players do indeed work with all audio tags but are rather "clunky" and difficult to use. So in short, I'm in need of a way to convert all my tags to the most compatible version. From what I here, this is ID3v2.3 I've used MP3Tag to fill in gaps where there were no tags, but this application will only let me do an album at a time. With over 1k cd titles, this will take a considerable amount of time. The only data that needs to be preserved with a conversion is the basics: Artist, Album, Track Number, Track Title. Most of my audio files are in FLAC format, I also have mp3 and APE files.

ANY help will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by gmeister; January 18, 2010, 10:42 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: tag conversions

FLAC, Ape and mp3 all have different tagging types (only mp3 is id3v2.x)
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• gmeister
      • Jan 2010

Really? then how is it that MP3Tag has written ID3v2.3 tags to over 1/2 of my previously untagged flac files?

Comment

• gmeister
        • Jan 2010

An example of the files I'm referring to is: FLAC(FLAC ID3v2). Is that not ID3?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

You should tag flac using vorbis comments not id3v2
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

You've set up your tag options in mp3tag incorrectly if it is adding ID3v2 tags. But I don't think that MP3tag is adding the ID3v2 tags. There isn't even an option in mp3tag to write id3v2 tags to FLAC files. I suspect they were added elsewhere (e.g., EAC when ripped, if you mistakenly checked the ID3v2 box or some other program). In mp3tag you can load up ALL your files then select them all and hit the red X in the upper menu, then hit OK in the popup box). This removes all tags, then you immediately select EDIT/ "undo remove tag". This will add the tag info back, but only the proper FLAC tag (not the ID3v2 tag). Obviously test this on a few first to make sure you are doing it right and its working for you.

Also, I can change/edit tags in mp3tag on 6,000 albums (or more) all at once. So not sure what you mean by having to do things one album at a time. This is not the case.

Comment

Working...

]]>