title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Batch-Renaming help needed

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dvdr
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Sep 2008

Batch-Renaming help needed

I am quite familiar with all the options of dbpoweramp, but I just want to be on the sure side with the following, so please: any help/input is most appreciated.

I need to rename my whole music collection. Parts of it are already as I want them, others from "pre-dbpoweramp" are not. The whole collection should be properly tagged, but I cannot guarantee on older files, that certain tags are filled properly (esp. multi-disc albums) - that could be a problem...

I need to rename the whole collection to reflect the following

1.) Folder-structure stays untouched (at the moment)
    2.) Filename should be just track number and track title, with eventually a leading "disc xx" ("Disc 01" and not "Disc 1")
    3.) Multi-disc albums in a single folder (older files from pre-dbpoweramp times): make sure, that when by chance on older files, disc-count is not tagged properly but just included in the filename itself and not in the tags, then files are not named the same/overwritten when title and track-number are identical (for example track 1 is "adagio" on disc 1 and 3)
    4.) Filenames are not exceeding a certain length (for example 100 characters, since the folder structure currently may already take up 100-150 charakters). I need to stay within the limit of - I think - 256 characters, that certain Windows/Network applications require.
    5.) is there anything to consider, when renaming track-titles of Compilations? Or "unknown artist" or "unknown album", when I stay within the existing folder structure? I am just nervous about loosing files by overwriting them with identical names from another file
    6.) Make sure, that with any strange circumstances I cannot think of right now, no files are overwritten or renamed the same.

So mind suggesting me a renaming string, that does all the above, that I could use with batch-converter (is there still an issue, that it does handle character-limitation differently than the normal ripper?)

Thanks for you help!
Working...

]]>