title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Adding tags

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Herne's Son
    • Apr 2009

Adding tags

I want to add the Rating tag to all of my flac & mp3 files. I have a list to what I want the tag for each song to be set at and I can easy set up a batch file for the tag update for each song using coreconverter. If I use the Music Converter with [ID Tag Update] in windows for an individual file and add the Ratings tag it works. If I try it using the CLI as follows:

coreconverter.exe -infile="E:\Ripped CDs\3 Dog Night\The Best Of 3 Dog Night\02 - Easy To Be Hard.flac" -outfile="E:\Ripped CDs\3 Dog Night\The Best Of 3 Dog Night\02 - Easy To Be Hard.flac" -convert_to="[ID Tag Update]" -tag="Rating=4"

the file updates but the Rating tag is not updated. When I do this to mp3 files the ID tag is updated from ID3v1.0 to ID3v2.0, but the Rating tag is not added. If I change the -convert_to="[ID Tag Update]" to be -convert_to="FLAC" the files recompress and the Rating tag is added.

I would rather just update the tags as opposed to recompressing all of my music. Does the -tag just not work with the [ID Tag Update] in the CLI?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Adding tags

You need:

-tag="Rating={qt}4{qt}", also the Update ID Tag would not work in this instance as the -tag would not be set as you are not converting the FLAC file. So either convert the flac file >> flac, or drop -tag and add the tag value into the Update ID Tag setting CLI.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Herne's Son
      • Apr 2009

I can't seem to find any mention of an Update Tag ID setting for the CLI in the help files. Where is this and any other settings mentioned?

You don't need to put in the {qt}, it works almost fine without them. It does divide the rating by 2, so the 4 I entered is saved as 2 in the tag.

Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

DSPs are not documented, but if you add a DSP effect in CD Ripper to the settings you want then see how CD Ripper saves the cli string:

HKCU\Software\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\cdripper\profi les\[profile]
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Herne's Son
          • Apr 2009

The right tags are barely visible in light grey in the DSP Effects / Actions box. In this case it is :

-add0="Rating=8"

Thanks

Comment

Working...

]]>