title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How to re-create original CD?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nkasic
    • Nov 2008

How to re-create original CD?

Hi,
    I would like to rip my CD collection in a way that once I buy CD and rip it, I can take it to the car stereo or give it to the kids, knowing that if it gets damaged I can re-create it from files created when CD was ripped.
    I've just bought Logitech SqueezeBox Duet and would like to rip CDs in individual FLAC files, for the best quality.
    Is it possible to do it in any way with dbPowerAmp set of applications/tools?
    As far as know it can be done using cue sheets only, and dbPowerAmp still doesn't support it, nor it appeared in beta section despite announcement that it's in development from long ago http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=17706.
    So, I'm stuck with EAC and it's cue sheet support, although I would prefer dbPA because of its PerfectMeta, cover art handling, simplicity etc.
    Any date when cue sheet support will appear in beta section?
  • xerophyte
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • May 2008

Re: How to re-create original CD?

If you want to simply have a copy of a CD for use in a car (I only take copies in the car myself) I just use Nero to make a copy of the CD, it is that easy.
    Nero (which seems to come with new computers, and is quite cheap if it didn't come with your computer) will also make an audio CD from a flac or mp3 file, just tell it to make an audio CD and it does.
    When I was first told this, I did not believe it, but I tried it and it works. I had a downloaded album (mp3) for my mother who does not, and never will, have a computer or mp3 player and a friend told me that if I tell the computer to make an audio CD it will.
    Try it out with your CD burning software and you could be in for a pleasant surprise.
    Hope that helps. :smile2:

Comment

• Wallman
      • Apr 2008

Why not try the dbPower Amp Writer? You can create audio cd's from Flac files using that.

Comment

• xerophyte
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • May 2008

Nero does that too! :D

Comment

Working...

]]>