title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Artist naming - last name first?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • walterk
    • Mar 2009

Artist naming - last name first?

I've just starting ripping my CD collection (about 500 discs) using dbpoweramp. I tried EAC w Mareo, but struggled with the interface, and found dbpa much easier to set up and navigate. So far, so good, with only a couple of tracks that have had errors that I couldn't resolve by re-ripping.

My question is in regards to artist naming - I'm set up to create directories of artist name \ album title, which is working ok. The artist names are written first name first, last name last (e.g. - Robert Fripp). Ideally, I'd like to have my artist directories set up to read last name first (e.g. - Fripp, Robert).

It's not a huge deal for me to manually modifiy the directory names after they're created, but is there any way to have dbpoweramp do this automatically when creating the directories?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

WK
  • Porcus
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2007

Re: Artist naming - last name first?

Well, can you really? Unless you want "Floyd, Pink", "Sabbath, Black" and "Mercy, Sisters of", your metadata provider needs to know that Pink Floyd is a band and Darren Floyd is a person.

Comment

• walterk
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Porcus
      Well, can you really? Unless you want "Floyd, Pink", "Sabbath, Black" and "Mercy, Sisters of", your metadata provider needs to know that Pink Floyd is a band and Darren Floyd is a person.
      Yeah, well, that's about what I figured. Thanks.
      Now is it Tull, Jethro or the other way around?

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

You can change the artist name to the "last, first" order you want before you rip, but this will also change the tags of the files.

Comment

Working...

]]>