title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How can I do dual rips to flac and mp3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • siriussurfer
    • Feb 2009

How can I do dual rips to flac and mp3

Hi,

I couldn't find an answer although I read nearly the whole forum.
    I wnt to rip my CDs to flac and mp3 simultaneosly, the flacs to the folder M:\Musik\flac and the mp3s M:\Musik\mp3.

I read somewhere here that this is possible, but how?

Hints are very welcome.

Thx
    Dietrich
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: How can I do dual rips to flac and mp3

Use the [Multi-Encoder] utility codec.

Comment

• siriussurfer
      • Feb 2009

Thanx LtData,

it works properly!

When I think of how many days I spoiled to get EAC running properly with REACT and after days and days and forum questions after forum question it still didn't work as I liked: Horrible! Maybe it's cause I use Vista but nevertheless: Waste of time.

I'm really happy about dppoweramp now: Only some hours reading on the website and the forum and everything works fine! Great product! I'm in the evaluation period but I will surely buy it.

Another question:

It seems like ripping is (obviously) much slower in multi encoding. So I wonder whether it is faster encoding only in flac and convert it later to mp3. We talk about a couple of hundreds CDs.

Anyone checked this out?

ThX
      Dietrich

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It will take the same CPU time to do both together or seperately, just seems longer as you are waiting on mp3 to encode whilst feeding the next disc, if you can convert flac >> mp3 overnight then your ripping will be quicker.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>