title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How do I tag Compilation=0 [zero]?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • onkel
    • Jan 2009

How do I tag Compilation=0 [zero]?

I've got dbPoweramp Reference 13.1 and used to be able to set the compilation tag value to "0" [zero]. This was useful when tagging albums by an artist where other artists appeared as guests on certain tracks, e.g. Marianne Faithfull feat. Cat Power.

By setting Compilation=0 and Band=Marianne Faithfull the album would appear under Marianne Faithfull (and not "Various Artists") in my player (Squeezecenter). The track tagged with "Artist=Marianne Faithfull; Cat Power" would also appear under Cat Power.

But something has happened and I'm no longer able to tag Compilation=0. If I try, the tag automatically disappears after I have saved the change. Strangely, the albums I have previously tagged with Compilation=0 still retains the tag.

It seems I can still tag flac-files with Compilation=0 but not mp3's.

Sorry if this is a stupid question with an obvious answer - it's doing my head in.
    Last edited by onkel; January 18, 2009, 08:28 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How do I tag Compilation=0 [zero]?

The audio format (mp3) with its tag is notreally suitable for tagging compilation=0, also many other programs will read compilation=0 as compilation=1, because they are jsut looking for the tag not the value.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>