title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Creating QRS piano player CD from .mp3 files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rpadre
    • Dec 2008

Creating QRS piano player CD from .mp3 files

How would I create QRS piano player CD from mp3 files?

I am a rookie at ripping, but many people have directedme to dBpoweramp. I've downloaded the free version, but can't seem to find any info on mp3 to cda conversion. Now I realize that .cda files are merely pointers to the actual music (located somewhere on the same CD), but beyond that I'm lost.

For those thinking I'm trying to cheat QRS out of their money, I certainly am not. I have spent over $1500 in my extensive library of QRS cd offerings, but their music selection is limited, so I wanted to create my own piano player CDs from my own library of legally purchased music.

Thanks so much for your help!
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Creating QRS piano player CD from .mp3 files

To create a CD you need a CD burning program such as CD Writer.
    However, this will apply to your situation only if your QRS Piano Player can read standard CD discs. I am not acquainted with the QRS Piano Player but I think that there is a decent possibility that the QRS cds are not in standard cd format. You could check this by seeing if you can play a QRS cd on a standard CD player or by seeing if you can play a regular CD on your QRS Piano Player.

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• donp
      • Jun 2003

Re: Creating QRS piano player CD from .mp3 files

To run a player piano think you will need to start with MIDI files rather than mp3's, and create a data disk that matches whatever QRS does. If they are trying to prevent other companies or customers from making their own disks, they may have thrown in some tricks.

mp3 files just represent sound (usually music). MIDI represents notes including what note, how loud, what instrument, etc.

There are also CD's that are a mix of music and data.

Comment

Working...

]]>