title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How Do I Replace Album Art

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eaks
    • Nov 2008

How Do I Replace Album Art

I recently purchased Ref 13. I have encoded about 200 albums with JPEGs I scrounged from the Internet for Front Album Cover and Back Album Cover. I ripped them all to FLAC using CD Ripper. I now want to replace both the Front Album Cover and Back Album Cover with new versions that I have scanned myself from the original artwork.

The process I used for the Front Album Cover was to first delete the Album Artwork using ID Tag Update. Then I would have to re-run ID Tag Update to add the new artwork using the "Import Album Art from Folder.jpg". If I tried to combine these 2 steps into one pass, the existing Album Artwork was removed but the new artwork was never added. I assume this 2-step process worked since the file details said there is Album Art and the file is bigger. (When I tried to look at the tags in Tag&Rename, it showed no Artwork).

My questions are these.

Is this the proper way to replace Front Album Cover artwork? Is there a more straight forward approach?

How do I do this for Back Album Cover?

Thanks for your help.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How Do I Replace Album Art

Yes as expected as the deletion is a deletion. Do all your files with the delete, then do all with the import. Not possible to get back cover in automatically.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• eaks
      • Nov 2008

Thanks for the reply.

Now, for the Back Cover Album. I assume when I place both the Front Cover and Back Cover album art into CD Ripper and rip the CD, that both images are stored in the file. Now if I want to replace the Back Cover Album, how do I do it without re-ripping the CD?

Thanks.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

You can go to the "Edit Tag" tab on the properties of the file and add/remove multiple album arts there.

Comment

Working...

]]>