title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Removing Album Art from multiple files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • barryl
    • Nov 2007

Removing Album Art from multiple files

I can't figure out how to remove album art from multiple selected files. Switching to single edit allows me to do it, but then I have to go through each file.

Q1: Is there any way of batch removing album art?
    Q2: When album art is removed, is the file space reclaimed?

Here's a DSP suggestion. Resize &| resample album art. It seems as if some sites (such as eMusic) are now embedding ridiculously large album covers into the MP3 files. I've been manually changing 600x600 artwork taking 560kb down to 300x300 taking about 28kb.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Removing Album Art from multiple files

Use the [ID Tag Update] utility codec, go to the "Deletions" tab, click "single Tag", then pick [Album Artwork] from the drop-down.

Comment

• barryl
      • Nov 2007

Thanks...I didn't think of the Tag Update codec. Is the file space reclaimed? I noticed that some other utilities leave the space intact but not occupied by a tag.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

I'm not sure, that would have to be something Spoon would have to answer.

Comment

• barryl
          • Nov 2007

I tried it and it seems as if the file space is reclaimed....which is great

Comment

Working...

]]>