title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

What is the best way to add "conductors" metadata?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sjmac
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Aug 2008

What is the best way to add "conductors" metadata?

I'm ripping my CDs and a few are classical, and the Conductor seems to be a significant bit of information :-)

In Vista if I right click on a file and choose Properties I can see a "Details" tab which lists lots of metadata and includes a "Conductors" attribute. Can I use dbPowerAmp to set this?

If not, where is the normal place to put the Conductor, say for a CD that says
    "Performed by: London Festival Orchestra/Alfred Scholz"? The Artist or Album Artist? How do I enter that - are multiple values allowed?
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: What is the best way to add "conductors" metadata?

Go into the Options menu in the CD ripper, click the "Options" button in the ID Tag & Meta section, check "Conductor" and, if one of the meta-data providers has this data, it will be auto-populated. If not, scroll to the bottom of that same options ID Tag area, where you can insert a custom tag and value.

Comment

• sjmac
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Aug 2008

I checked my Metadata options, and it was already ticked, so I guess for my test CD there is no data.

I'm happy to type it in, but I can't see any existing conductor value in the CD Ripper GUI, is that right?

So, I have to rip the CD, check to see if the conductor value has been filled in, and if not, then set a fixed value for conductor as you suggested and re-rip. And then remember to unset the Conductor value before I rip another CD.

Also, I think this gets even harder if a CD has tracks with different conductors :-/

So, I guess most people would include a conductor in the artist metadata. Am I right that I seperate multiple artists with a ';' character?

Maybe this post should be moved to the wishlist? - I wish there was a way to see and edit the conductor for each track and album in the main GUI.
      Last edited by sjmac; August 28, 2008, 07:45 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Click the Meta Tab (in CD Ripper at the bottom of the screen), if there is no conductor add one (when no tracks are individually selecte so conductor is added for all tracks). Then you can select individual tracks and set individual conductors, if needed.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sjmac
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Aug 2008

Yep, thank you - that's much easier, exactly what I was looking for.

I had been distracted by the options to enter and edit some metadata items using the text boxes near the top of the Window, and the option to add and edit metadata columns in the track list grid.

I should have looked further down! And also down there at the bottom are metadata options in the encoder and the metadata DSP - there sure are a lot of ways to edit metadata in this app ;-)

Thanks for the help Lt Data, Spoon

Comment

Working...

]]>