title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Manually add file tpyes to decoder

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jack_frost
    • Mar 2007

Manually add file tpyes to decoder

I have to reinstall dbPoweramp converter on my computer, and I've forgotten how to manually add file types (I need to do this with some rare file types). My notes (on a scrap piece of paper) say "Open the file directshow and add the new file type on a new line. Save and close." However, I must have forgotten something, because I can't find any directshow file other than directshow.dll and when I open that with Reshacker there aren't any file types listed. So it must be some other directshow file I have to edit. Can anyone help me with this PLEASE (on hands and knees)???

I use dbPoweramp 12, Windows XP Pro SP3.

Sorry - I've now worked out how to do it. The instructions in the directshow codec help say to run the command:

"%appdata%\dbpoweramp" - like an idiot, I assumed that the quotation marks did not get included in the command, and I tried to run:

%appdata%\dbpoweramp

Now that I type the whole string, including the quotation marks, it works without any problem and I can convert my files.
    Last edited by jack_frost; August 09, 2008, 11:49 AM. Reason: Solution found
Working...

]]>