title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How can i define what is the maximum time to spend ripping a track or album?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kretch
    • Apr 2008

How can i define what is the maximum time to spend ripping a track or album?

Hi All
    I'm using dbpoweramp with some XL1B's, and some tracks get stuck in ripping, probably due to disc being scratched etc.
    What I'd like is to set a "timeout", whereby if any track (or album) takes more than that time, the ripper gives up, declares the disc to be invalid, and moves to the next one.

How can I do that?

Regards
    Kretch
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How can i define what is the maximum time to spend ripping a track or album?

Next alpha release of R13 will have this option.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bhoar
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Sep 2006

Re: How can i define what is the maximum time to spend ripping a track or album?

Originally posted by Spoon
      Next alpha release of R13 will have this option.
      Yay!

-brendan

Comment

• kretch
        • Apr 2008

Great! Thanks a lot.

Comment

• dealmein
          • Jan 2012

Was this implemented? How do I go about setting a timeout value for a track or cd that once it is reached, it cancels the disc rip and moves on to the next disc?

Thanks.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

CD Ripper >> Options >> Secure Settings

there are a whole raft of abort options.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dealmein
              • Jan 2012

I have a VGP-XL1B and I would like the batch ripping to cancel a disc and mark it as bad if it has problems reading the disc due to scratches. After the 200 discs have finished, I will re-rip those marked "bad" in another drive. So, essentially, I would like batch ripper to process the 200 discs without delaying on a problem disc.

What settings would you suggest I set?

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Abort after 1 unrecoverable frame

if have to rerip more than 10 frames
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>