title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

... Convert Gamecube and Wii sound files into Lossless?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OmegaSorm
    • Jan 2008

... Convert Gamecube and Wii sound files into Lossless?

I have been trying to do this for several months already. I have tried Winamp but it has failed every time. My registered version of dBpoweramp does not recognize the files, even though I added Winamp's in_cube plugin to dBpoweramp. I really want to get lossless files (such as: Free Lossless Audio Codec or Apple Lossless) out of the Gamecube and Wii rips (APD, AFC, DSP, PCM, SEC, THP, Et Cetera...). Does anyone know what I can do to accomplish this? It is not just for me either. I am a member of several other forums and I have received many requests, so I need all of the help I can get. Any help would be appreciated. Please elaborate if you can, and please make your statements legible.
    Thank you so much,
    OmegaSorm
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: ... Convert Gamecube and Wii sound files into Lossless?

I have tried Winamp but it has failed every time.
    I'm not sure what this means. Can you play these files in WinAmp or not?

If you can play them in WinAmp, there is chance you can use the earlier version of Music Converter aka dMC (r11.5) to decode these files (thus allowing you to convert them to another format). If you do not have dMC r11.5 already installed you can find a download link here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/legacy-compatibility.htm. If you have dMC r12 or later installed, please read the instructions carefully as you will need to install dMC r11.5 to an entirely different folder.

After you have downloaded and installed dMC r11.5, visit Legacy Codec Central (here:
    http://www.dbpoweramp.com/legacy-compatibility.htm ) and download and install the WinAmp Input Adapter. Follow the instructions for configuring the WinAmp Input Adapter to work with the WinAmp plug-in that reads these files. The WinAmp Input Adapter does not work with all WinAmp plug-ins, so I cannot guarantee it will work, but it where it works it is a great tool. This is where I would start. If you cannot play these files in WinAmp with your plug-in then the WinAmp Input Adapter will not help either.

Remember that with dMC r11.5 it will ONLY work with the codecs from Legacy Codec Central.

If the WinAmp Input Adapter doesn't work, it might be possible to record these files by playing them through your soundcard or line input using Auxiliary Input (another feature of dMC r 11.5).

dMC r12+ does not have the WinAmp Input Adapter and I doubt that it can read these files. dMC r12+ also does not havew Auxiliary Input either.

If you need help pursuing either of these options, please let us know.

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

Working...

]]>