title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How do I use the compilation flags correctly?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paddlefoot
    • Aug 2007

How do I use the compilation flags correctly?

I am unsure how the compilation flag system works. There are times AMG gives an album a compilation flag and I am not sure one should be used. An example would be an Eminem Album. It has many additional artists for songs, but it isn't a compilation. AMG will give it a compilation flag. Another example would be a movie soundtrack. I guess you could consider a soundtrack a compilation, but the truth is that the cd is specifically linked to that album, it isn't a best of or something similar.

I also want to know if I should be using compilation flags at all. I am currently preparing to rip a cd titled "No Boundaries: A Benefit for the Kosovar Refugees." This to me would be a compilation, but I don't want to screw up the filing system when I put it in itunes, foobar, etc.

Hope what am posting make sense. I am very new to non-itunes ripping. I am learning more and more through trial and error, but my limited programming knowledge hinders how quickly I can pick this up.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How do I use the compilation flags correctly?

For an eminem disc, yes there are extra artists if there is no Eminem on all the tracks then compilation will be set. Really as you point out it is not a compilation, so just uncheck the compilation box at the top.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>