title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

add a folder for the album under Path in theCD Ripper

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rblews
    • Dec 2007

add a folder for the album under Path in theCD Ripper

I have read the Naming Scheme tutorial for r12 several times; read the naming Scheme tutorial feedback several times; and still can't perform the simple task of creating a separate file for each album within a particular album artist file. When I add "[album] \" "towards the end" as advised in the tutorial feedback, I get each track in a separate folder. My Path is F:\My Music\. My Naming is (save in Dynamic Artist Folder), and my set button is the default setting. Please explain how to send the ripped CD file to a folder for the "album title" within the "album artist" folder. It would seem to me that the default setting should do this, but it does not. I love everything else about the dbpoweramp program, but the path/naming scheme is driving me nuts.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: add a folder for the album under Path in theCD Ripper

Paste your current naming scheme and it will be adjusted to make separate folders for albums.

Comment

• rblews
      • Dec 2007

Paste, as in copy/paste; and if so, where do I paste too? My current naming scheme is the default setting. Thanks!

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

OK. Here is the default naming scheme:
        Code:
        [IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],Various Artists[]\[album][IFMULTI] Disc [disc][]\[track] [artist] - [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[artist] - [album][IFMULTI] Disc [disc][] - [track] - [title][]
        and here it is with a separate folder for albums:
        Code:
        [IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],Various Artists[]\[album][IFMULTI] Disc [disc][]\[track] [artist] - [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[b][album]\[/b][artist] - [album][IFMULTI] Disc [disc][] - [track] - [title][]
        The change is in bold so it stands out more. Also, to clarify, my statement about adding [album] was to add it towards the end, not at the very end:
        Originally posted by LtData
        For the [IFCOMP] part, you should have a separate folder for each album. For the [IF!COMP] part, add a [album]\ towards the end, to make it this:
        Code:
        \[album]\[artist] - [album][IFMULTI] Disc [disc][] - [track] - [title][]

Comment

• rblews
          • Dec 2007

Got it, and now I'm a very happy camper :smile2: Thank you Lt Data!

Comment

Working...

]]>