title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Codec install problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • macpez
    • May 2007

Codec install problem

Hello.

I installed dBpowerAMP Music Converter v6.4.0.1 without any problems.
    (Windows XP SP2, Windows Media Player 11)

When I tried to install the following two codecs I got a computer error message saying that a file could not be read for both codec installations.

1) Windows Media Audio 10 Pro Release 3 (Windows XP) 10629 KB
    2) dBpoweramp Codec Central: m4a, mp4, m4b & aac Release 5 1033 KB

The actual installer program for both codecs indicated the installation was successful and I clicked Finish and restarted the computer.

When I tried to convert a music file, the menu option for WMA was grayed out and there was no option for MP4.

Note: both codecs appear in the Add/Remove list on the computer indicating they were installed correctly.

Question: Is there something else I need to do? Since I just downloaded the codecs the other day, I assume the versions are correct. How do I determine if dBpoweramp R12 or newer required is installed?

I appreciate the help. Thanks.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Codec install problem

Where did you get that version number? Version numbers are in dBpoweramp (dMC in older versions) Configuration located in the Start Menu --> Programs --> dBpoweramp Music Converter --> Configuration --> dBpoweramp (or dMC) Configuration.

If you are using dMC r12, get your codecs from Codec Central. If you are using dMC r11.5 or older and do not wish to upgrade to r12, use Legacy Codec Central to get your codecs, linked to from the main Codec Central.

Comment

• macpez
      • May 2007

Thanks for the quick response.

I have version r11.5. (I originally checked the application properties for version.)

Rather than use the Beta r12 version, I will download the correct codecs from Legacy Codec Central as you suggest.

Question: Is it sufficient to remove the existing codecs in Add/Remove and install the correct ones, or should I also uninstall the db Music Converter application and reinstall it before installing the correct codecs?

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

You just need to use Add/Remove to remove the codecs.

Also, dMC r12.1 is not beta, only r12.2 is.

Comment

Working...

]]>