title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Recording old 12'' records to wave files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbPowerBOY
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Sep 2006

Recording old 12'' records to wave files

Converting old records to wave

I know this may have been answered many times on here, but to be trutful I cannot seem to find the threads (perhaps I am using the wrong search terms).

I have some 12" recrods that I want to convert to a nice lossles format - first preferecne wave file (pcm).

I want to know

1. Recommended type of record/phono player - 'direct drive' or 'belt drive'

2. Recommended settings, anythin on pre-amp

3. Anything that I should know to ensure the best quality when recording, in related to setup - I know already that my records are scrathed

Any links to threads here that I have missed if nobody has these tips. Thanks
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Recroding old 12'' records to wave files

Moved to General.

Comment

• xoas
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2002

You will need a line input hookup and dMC Auxiliary Input (available through dMC r11.5 or earlier, NOT available for dMC r12 or later). I find it best to link through my stereo line output-NOT to try to hookup directly from the phono.
      For instructions on using Auxiliary Input see the FAQ here:
      dMC Auxiliary Input is used to record audio to your hard drive from what is being played through your soundcard. Applications include transferring cassettes or vinyl to your pc for further processing and perhaps for burning to audio cd, capturing streaming audio which cannot be downloaded and converting the audio from

Best wishes,
      Bill

Comment

• Wayne
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Aug 2002

If you haven't already got a turntable you might like to invest in one of the USB turntables that are available.

Alternatively if you have a turntable then instead of a preamp you could try the iVinyl or the INport USB device

BTW Here is a useful guide to converting LPs to CD http://www.delback.co.uk/lp-cdr.htm
        Last edited by Wayne; May 05, 2007, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>