title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ID Tags & Filenames

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slimbo
    • Mar 2007

ID Tags & Filenames

Hi,

I have DbPowerAmp Reference 1.2 and am wanting to ensure that the ID-tag information for each music file is identical to the filename. I don't mind having to change manually - it's identifying the mis-matches out of 8500 tacks that's the problem. I have installed the "Tag from Filename" codec, but on right-clicking selected multiple files in Explorer, I only get "Convert To" and get no option to select "[Tag From Filename]" as per the help. Looking at previous posts last year, others have had similar problems with this. In any case, this still means having to go through each folder in turn, as I believe you can't select multiple folders - just multiple files within a single folder. Is this correct?

I have Win XP Pro

An idiot's guide is appreciated.

Thanks

Slimbo
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: ID Tags & Filenames

You need to select "Convert To" and then select "Tag from Filename" as your codec.

Using Batch Converter, you can select directories of files, yes.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

R12 does not have the Tag From Filename Codec as yet, it will soon though.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• HowardW
        • Apr 2007

What would be the default format for the file name? In some cases my names are simply track and title in others that are compilations I selected from the drop down. WHat I am trying to get to is a standard way of naming my .wav masters that will suit any music program, for instance Real Player or Music Match etc...

Sorry for posting this as a reply but the subject made it seem a good choice!

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

The reality is there is no standard, choose a filename which has enough details in that suits you.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>