title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How do I get the player to read FLAC files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stevege
    • Mar 2007

How do I get the player to read FLAC files

I have dloaded the flac codec to the converter. That did the job just fine. WMA to FLAC. But I can't play the flac file.
    Any clue as to what is missing??
    Thanks
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: How do I get the player to read FLAC files

If you are using dBpowerAMP Audio Player (or dAP) as a player, you need the Legacy FLAC codec (go to Codec Central and follow the link for the Legacy codecs). I am assuming that you are using r12 of dBpowerAMP Music Converter and the current FLAC codec for dMC R12-dAP runs on dMC r11.5 (or earlier) and needs the older Legacy codec to read files other than cd, wave or mp3.

If you are using a different player, does it play other FLAC files? Can you tell us the frequency of the problem FLAC file and the number of channels?

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• Bear
      • Apr 2007

Thanks for your response, Bill, I have a similar problem.

I am somewhat lost on this. If Bill or another knowledgeable soul could help, it would be greatly appreciated.

OS - Win XP

I have downloaded dbpoweramp Audio Player (latest on the products page), dbpoweramp Music Converter R12 and Flac 1.1.3 (the latter from the Complete Codec Converter), in that order.
      The Audio Player works just fine playing a CD. A couple of CDs were ripped to Flac using the Converter. However the playlist program (Converter ? Player?) cannot find them in the appropriate directory. Changing the .flac file association to dbpoweramp.exe using Win Explorer did not improve the situation. Still does not recognise the files.

The instructions from the Codec Central do not appear to address this situation. Both of the programs (Player & Converter) and the Flac codec are in the same directory. The ripped music files are elsewhere.

What would be greatly appreciated are some simple and probably lengthy instructions. (i.e. uninstall xxx, download xxx & install in same / separate directory, in order to rip CD use xxx, in order to use player run xxx, etc.)

Thanks for your time.
      Andrew

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Uninstall dAP and then install it to a different directory, as stated here: http://dbpoweramp.com/legacy-compatibility.htm. Then get the FLAC codec for dAP from Legacy Codec Central and install it to dAP's location. The link for Legacy Codec Central is located in the main Codec Central.

Comment

• Bear
          • Apr 2007

Many thanks Ltdata, that worked. Also had to uninstall the new (1.1.3) Flac but there was a warning message to that effect that popped up when I attempted to install the old (1.1.2) version.

Greatly enjoying dbpoweramp-AP now!

Andrew

Comment

Working...

]]>