title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Need help with making digital music

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grettaaa
    • Mar 2006

Need help with making digital music

Hi
    what it is I been planing.

I was ripping music to put on my hardrive so I could put my computer with my stereo.
    I ripped quite a bit when I was reading somethings on you site and I realized that i want to have my music with the best sound as possible.
    Now the music I ripped i ripped at 192 birate. I now know that it should be higher. :(

I wanted to know what the best way to go about this. I know I have to reripp everything. not looking forward to that but i know I want to get this done before i move on to other things.

I was reading things on your site and I saw where someone talked about audio monkey. I dl it and i am clueless now. plus I think I may have to purchase it not sure.
    I just want to know what the best way is to go about it before i ripp anything else.
    thanks for you help.
    Gretta
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Need help with making digital music

If you want the best sound as possible, use a lossless format. It preserves the original file's quality but is compressed and therefore smaller than a WAV file. The side-effect is that the files are larger than lossy formats, such as mp3 or wma. Also, lossless files have very little compatibility with stand-alone players or portables. This is a moot point if you are just outputting audio to your stereo and not having the stereo play the files.

If when you say "audio monkey" you mean Monkey's Audio, it is a lossless audio format.

As for purchasing, see here for a comparison of features: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/db-versions.htm

Comment

• Grettaaa
      • Mar 2006

Ok thanks
      I went to the link you gave me.
      I am not sure what reference it but i am thinking I want it.

Here is what I want to know as well....
      I have gotten music through itunes and I was wondering about the quality with that now. I have gotten a lot of music that way actually. :(

the other question is I have power pack 11.5 and I see with the reference a newer version.

I am sorry for all the question, I just want to get it right before i start ripping all over again.
      I did so much music before. I want to know what I am doing and I really appreciate the help. If there is an abc section you have of how to go about all this I would really love the link. I follow directions pretty good most times

Also I would appreciate someone telling me what they think is the best way to go about this.
      I read everything.
      I normally mess with graphics on my computer. I never really do much else.
      SO I thak you for all the help. :D

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Codec Central lists lossless formats, in a few days Apple Lossless (for R12) will appear, that is possibly the best for you if you use iTunes.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Grettaaa
          • Mar 2006

I downladed music from itunes, music match, real player and napster. most of the music comeing from napster. But the majority of the music I ripped were from cd's.

thanks for th information once again spoon. I appreciate it. I am going to go do some reading.
          I posted in another section up top were I purchased the reference file. I am going to uninstall and reinstall to play with it.

Comment

Working...

]]>