title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Downsample WAVs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jt25741
    • Nov 2006

Downsample WAVs

I have some 88Khz/24bit WAV files. Unfortunately when I converted them to FLAC dBpoweramp gives up on a cannot load codec error. Looking into this, it turns out you need to force FLAC to convert such a file because this sample rate is not in the standard subset of support.

Using the command line with the --lax option fixes it. A great add to the product would allow you to specify some command line arguments in addition to the compression settings...just an idea.

Enough of the background: here is my real question: Turns out the squeezebox cannot process anything higher than 48/24 FLAC streams. I need to downconvert to this spec, or possibly 44.1/24 at the least. I don't want to lose that extra 8 bits of word length though, if I don't need to. Are there any free tools available for me to accurately downconvert the WAV file?

Thanks
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Downsample WAVs

Install R12 alpha (from teh beta section, and the flac codec) and use a DSP effect 'Resample' when converting.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jt25741
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
      Install R12 alpha (from teh beta section, and the flac codec) and use a DSP effect 'Resample' when converting.
      Thanks appreciated Spoon. I found that foobar2000 does a similar function (DSP effect). Do you know if the resample DSP function should provide similar results in both(same algorithm etc..)?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

We use SSRC, fb uses a faster one, I think SSRC has the quality edge.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>