title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Edit Tag function

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • erico
    • Nov 2006

Edit Tag function

I need to figure out how to force this add-on program to allow me to customize my own genre list and not use the preset already built-in list. I have posted this at the following URL. Please go there and read the thread. It will give you a better idea of what I'm trying to do.

Here is a snippet from that posting...

I dont want to type in the genre tag. That defeats the purpose of automating the tagging using a batch file from the Tag.exe program. I want the Tag program to put in ONLY my tags not the ones put in by dbpowerAMP. How can this be done?

One of the replies was that this function is built-into a dll. Well then which dll and can this be modified? I dont want to type it in from the keyboard. I want this genre field to be populated with my own genre tag list.

How?
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Edit Tag function

My guess would be the "mp3.dll" in the decoder folder for reading and "mp3 (lame).dll" either in the encoder or compression folder.

Comment

• erico
      • Nov 2006

Ok cool thank you so much. I'm going to try my batch file and my Tag.exe program on a machine that doesn't have dbpowerAMP installed. If it works that will prove that for my project to move forward we have to stop using dbpowerAMP.

For those who might be interested. Here are the files I'm using for my project.

Tag.exe - Tag - Automatic Tag from filename
      =================================

Tag is a small tool to work with tags in various compressed audio formats.
      Main features:
      * Support for multiple standards:
      - ID3v1.x
      - ID3v2.x (reading and removing)
      - APE v1.0
      - APE v2.0
      - Vorbis comments
      - FLAC comments
      - Lyrics3 v2.0.
      * View tags
      * Generate tags from filenames
      * Modify tag values manually
      * Set tag values from the contents of a text file
      * Tag files with information read from CDDB files
      * Copy tags from one file to another
      * Convert tags to different format
      * Remove tags
      * Rename files based on tag information
      * Move files to directories generated from tag values
      * Generate Winamp playlists (optionally with AlbumList extensions and playing times)
      * Generate text files with information about tracks and album (format customizable)
      * Decode files and name output using tag information
      * Test mode that shows what would happen without actually doing anything to files

Tag is released as freeware. Use at your own risk.
      Copyright (c) 2002-2003 Case, case@mobiili.net, http://www.ca5e.tk/
      ID3v2 support with id3lib, http://id3lib.sourceforge.net/

--fromfile : copy tag information from <file>
      --auto : generate tags from filenames

Here is the code for the batch file I use to automate the tagging. This of course requires that you launch it from a dos window but the next step is to use a SQL database and some wildcards to fully automate tagging.

BATCH FILE CODE:

for /f "tokens=1-4 delims=/.- " %%A in ('date /t') do (set Dow=%%A&set MM=%%B&set DD=%%C&set YYYY=%%D)
      tag C:\Audio\Tagged\*.mp3 --artist "Company Name Here" --year %YYYY% --force "ID3v1" --genre "Information" --title "My Title" --comment "This is a test comment" --fromfile mp3tags.txt

MP3TAGS TEXT FILE CONTENTS:
      --artist "Company Name Here"
      --title "My Title"
      --year "2006"
      --genre "What ever genre you want here"
      --comment "This is a test comment"

Hope this helps others

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004