title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

autosplit?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • icarusi
    • Jul 2006

autosplit?

I'm looking to convert some audio cassettes to mp3 but would like to split the individual tracks automatically. Will the autostart/stop feature allow this, or does it only operate once per activation?
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: autosplit?

In my experience, the autostart/autostop feature may allow you to do as you say or it may not. This feature works best if you are ecording material that has distinct gaps at the end of each track and where tracks do not contain periods of silence (or of very low volume) in the middle of the track (in which case the period of silence/low volume might be misread as the end of the track).

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• icarusi
      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by xoas
      In my experience, the autostart/autostop feature may allow you to do as you say or it may not. This feature works best if you are ecording material that has distinct gaps at the end of each track and where tracks do not contain periods of silence (or of very low volume) in the middle of the track (in which case the period of silence/low volume might be misread as the end of the track).

Best wishes,
      Bill
      It does it up to 20 tracks, but there seems to be a problem during the writing of the previous track which seems to cause a random delay to the capture of the next track, irrespective of the level-sense/delay settings. If I 'rehearse' the setting using a short section of the previous track, it works, but when using the full track length (3-5 minutes) something in the final write sequence seems to interfere with the commencement of the capture/conversion of the next track, at least with delays of 1500ms, for track ending, sufficient to avoid triggering from shorter mid-track silences.

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2002

You might have better luck recording to wave and then converting the wave files to mp3. This either avoids or minimizes delay writing the previous track interfering with the recording of the next track.

Best wishes,
        Bill

Comment

Working...

]]>