title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How to set file paths in dmC File selector

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AASC
    • May 2006

How to set file paths in dmC File selector

So I have all my music on one drive organised as:

Y:\music\flac\artist\album\artist_track.*
    Y:\music\ogg\artist\album\artist_track.*
    Y:\music\mp3\artist\album\artist_track.*

I select all the flac files and want to convert to ogg, I check "Keep Path When Convert" and select a destination:

Y:\music\ogg\

hoping to get everything converted and into the same structure but now in the ogg folder. Trouble is it keeps too much of the path as in:

Y:\music\ogg\flac\artist\album\artist_track.* and what I want is:
    Y:\music\ogg\artist\album\artist_track.*

How do I get around that ? Basically I want to be able to scan my entire flac collection every now and then and convert all the new tracks into the ogg folder with automatic folder creation.

It is probably simple but I can't figure it out :o

This thread was posted a few years ago with the same problem but no answer:
    A little while ago, I tried to "catch up" with my music collection and wanted to convert and include my new MP3's in my Ogg Vorbis collection and as I already had dMC installed, I also downloaded the File selector to make things a little easier. I always convert with "Output to same folder as original" and

Andrew
    Last edited by AASC; June 17, 2006, 06:21 AM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How to set file paths in dmC File selector

There is no way for the program to know you want just the first part preserving.

The later Music Converters (r12) will be able to specify the encoder as part of the filename, which would work in this example.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• AASC
      • May 2006

Re: How to set file paths in dmC File selector

Originally posted by Spoon
      There is no way for the program to know you want just the first part preserving.

The later Music Converters (r12) will be able to specify the encoder as part of the filename, which would work in this example.
      OK, thanks :(

Comment

Working...

]]>