title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

convert wma files into mp3 files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • choupinette
    • May 2006

convert wma files into mp3 files

Hello!
    Excuse me for my english, but I'm french, so I've got some problems to talk into shakespeare's language!
    I want to convert wma files into mp3 files with dbpower amp, but when I try, there is a message of error which says: "to convert wma files, you have to download codec central", and I don't know which codec I have to choose exactlly...

Can you help me?
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: convert wma files into mp3 files

You need to download the codec for the version of Windows Media Player (WMP) that you have on your computer. If you have WMP 10, use the wma 9.1 codec.

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• neilthecellist
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2004

Wait, doesn't Christina speak French? Better communication that way.

Comment

• gameplaya15143
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Sep 2005

the version of windows media player is irrelevent.
        I have WMP 6.4.. not like that tells me what version of the wma decoder I have.

@choupinette:
        If you are using winXP, get the wma9.1 codec. Else get the 9.0 codec. They can decode everything older, so always try to get the latest version

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by gameplaya15143
          the version of windows media player is irrelevent.
          I have WMP 6.4.. not like that tells me what version of the wma decoder I have.
          WMA 9.1 only works with WMP 10, not WMP 9 or lower. WMP 10 does not work in any OS prior to Windows XP .

Comment

• gameplaya15143
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Sep 2005

the version of WMP doesn't matter. all that does matter is the version of the windows media runtime (directshow filters) that are installed. I have WM9.1 installed, but I do NOT have WMP10 installed (I actually removed WMP9 from my system too). Windows media 9.1 comes with, and will install with WMP10, but WMP10 is not necessary for it to work.

When encoding TO wma9.1, you may be correct, I don't really know. DMC is the only thing I have that can encode to wma9.1 (no WMP10 )

Comment

• LtData
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

But the WMA 9.1 System codecs still require Windows XP, gameplaya. But you are right. I have WMP 9 installed but the WMP 10 system codecs.

Comment

Working...

]]>