title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Converting AAC to MP3 -- and keeping all tags

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nosajeel
    • Apr 2006

Converting AAC to MP3 -- and keeping all tags

Is there a way to convert AAC files to MP3s and preserve all the tags. When I use dBpowerAMP, I get the main tags but lose pictures and many of the other more specialized tags like mood and tempo.

I tag everything in Helium2.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Converting AAC to MP3 -- and keeping all tags

dMC doesn't support album art or non-standard tags. Sorry.

Comment

• neilthecellist
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2004

It might in the future. Can't promise you there, though, I don't run application design here. Perhaps Spoon will tell.

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2002

As LtData says, right now dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC) R11.5 (current version) or earlier does not support album art, non-standard tag features, unicode characters, or lengthy Comments fields.

To confirm what Neil suggests, the next version of dMC, R12 will provide this support. See: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=9739 .

Please note that the current R12 alpha release (R12 alpha 3) does NOT yet provide support for album art and that it is not configured for audio CD Input (amongst other things) and that it currently only works with wave and mp3 (the codecs for other formats will be updated later in the R12 development phase).

Hope this clarifies the situation. A full R12 release is likely still some ways off as this appears to be a major re-write and since Spoon is pretty much the sole programmer.

Best wishes,
        Bill

Comment

• neilthecellist
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2004

That's good to know. Go spoon!

Comment

Working...

]]>