title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Make unprotected mpeg-4 music into mp3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B-Rad001
    • Dec 2005

Make unprotected mpeg-4 music into mp3

Can i burn it to cd then rip it?
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Make unprotected mpeg-4 music into mp3

While I am sure you can burn unprotected mp4 (which I understand as being your mpeg 4 files, if I am mistaken, please set me straight) audio to CD (with the right tools) and then rip to mp3, this strikes me as taking the long way around. You should be able (with the right tools) convert mp4 audio files straight to mp3. Mp4 files that have video content will be an exception.

As for the right tools, dBpowerAMP Music Converter with the Power Pack (to encode to mp3) and the dBpowerAMP m4a/mp4 codec from Codec Central (tabbed link at the top of this page) should be able to do the trick.

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• neilthecellist
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2004

Re: Make unprotected mpeg-4 music into mp3

If the file is unprotected, then just burn it straightaway to CD Audio with dBpowerAMP CD Writer.

But if you're simply trying to turn unprotected music into mp3 format, just install the mp4 codecs. You don't need all the mpeg 4 codecs available at Codec Central; check with your system specifications before you start getting codecs, and perhaps the others may be able to help you identify your system specifications if you're having trouble with that.

Comment

Working...

]]>