title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Select All Files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dogbreath
    • Feb 2006

Select All Files

I use an old version of dBpowerAMP, version 10.1. When choosing which files to convert using the UI, is it possible to 'select all' rather than by individually highlighting each track. I considered the option of using Windows Explorer to highlight all followed by right clicking but am not given the option to send to dBpowerAMP. Any help you guys please?
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Select All Files

Using dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC), I believe you should be able to open a folder of music files, select any or all of them in Windows Explorer, right-clicking and selecting Convert To. If this is not shown as an option it would be because one or more files are not recognized as valid music files by dMC. You cannot, however, right-click on an unopened folder of music files and select Convert To to convert the whole folder.

You can open dMC, browse to and open a folder of music files and select one or more files (up to all) music files in the folder and convert from there. But there is no option in this interface to select all files automatically or to convert a whole folder at once.

The better tool for handling whole folders or multiple folders is the dMC File Selector. I am not sure whether this was a separate download with dMC 10.1 or whether it was already incorporated into the main dMC package (as it is today). If you have this installed, you will find it through Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP Music Converter> dMC File Selector. Be sure to review the Help files for File Selector as this powerful tool for batch conversions has a rather different interface than other parts of dMC and you may want to become acquainted with certain of the power features (such as the ability to just convert files of particular format(s) but not of other format(s).

If you do not have dMC File Selector, you will not have this option available unless you upgrade (in which case, if you do not have a registered version of the Power Pack you will either have to forego the ability to convert tracks to mp3 or you will need to purchase a registered version of the Power Pack).

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

dMC File Selector was a separate download with dMC r10.1.

Try holding shift when you click on the first file and then click on the last file in the folder. This should select all of the files in the folder.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

or press Control + A
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Craze
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Oct 2002

This worked well for me yesterday while creating a Spoon Install requiring a lot of check boxes to be checked. Thanks Spoon.

Comment

• dogbreath
            • Feb 2006

Thanks for the replies you guys. Your help is very welcome.

One option which I have since found to work very well, is to place the cursor to the right and below the last file. Left click and hold then swipe the cursor to the upper left of the file pane. All files are thereby highlighted and will convert when required.

Next time I am converting audio files I will be sure to try your quoted alternatives to see if they work ok for me. Again, many thanks and take care, db.

Comment

Working...

]]>