title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Building a new PC

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Building a new PC

I am building a new PC (my old one is far too noisy - AMD XP Athlon). I have an old AT case which was expensive for the time and is very heavy (about 14KG empty) which is great for a slient PC (it all fits in fine but there is little access to the ATX backplane, which is not really required as everything is usb now).

I have replaced the Power Supply with an Thermalcake fanless powersupply (it has a huge heatsink stuck out the back). I have a AMD 64 processor which will have a huge heatsink (does not require a fan), the case will have 2 low speed fans with the option to full speed them (if doing something taxing).

Now for the sad part - I am going to fit out the front with 'car' gauges, a rev counter for computer CPU use %, a temperature gauge.

The rev counter is not certain (it will trigger off a LT lead on a 4 cylinder car, it should be possible to replicate that using the onboard sound card, which is not being used, but will require other chips...).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com
  • JVILLAS
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Oct 2002

Re: Building a new PC

Wow! Spoon, very very cool, I'd love to see a photo of this, I want to check out those heatsinks and gauges. Please keep us up to date on how you are coming along.

Comment

Working...

]]>