title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dAP gapless playback - help needed

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AlanS
    • Nov 2004

dAP gapless playback - help needed

I can't get the dAP to playback my gapless encoded ogg files in a totally gapless manner.

I know the ogg files are totally gapless as I play them on my Rio Karma portable player as well as in the car on my Kenwood Music Keg. Both will play a playlist of gapless dance tracks without a glitch.
    Play the same stuff in dAP and I still get a tiny transition.

The ogg files are initially ripped using dMC with powerpack [remove silence option is used as well] so I know 100% the problem is with the Audio Player.

In options->multiplayer there is a gapless setting which is checked and the value is 5 msec. I've tried values 10, 20, 50 and 80 but the same problem arises.

thanks in advance
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: dAP gapless playback - help needed

Originally posted by AlanS
    In options->multiplayer there is a gapless setting which is checked and the value is 5 msec. I've tried values 10, 20, 50 and 80 but the same problem arises.

thanks in advance
    Have you tried 0? Does it take it?

Comment

• AlanS
      • Nov 2004

It won't take zero as a value as it then defaults back to 80, but it does take 1 msec, but the problem is still there. Is anyone out there able to play a totally gapless playlist of ogg files?

Comment

• Wayne
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Aug 2002

Do you use DirectX or Waveout as the output from dAP? Have you tried swapping the option?

Wayne

Comment

• AlanS
          • Nov 2004

I've just tried DirectX instead of Waveout as the output in dAP but the result is the same - an annoying gap between the tracks. Someone must be playing gapless music, please just tell me it can be done otherwise I'll end up giving up with dAP and maybe trying other software.

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Have you tried unchecking the gapless box? Just a suggestion.

Comment

• AlanS
              • Nov 2004

yep, tried that. Makes no difference. Still get the annoying gap.

Comment

Working...

]]>