title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

I need help!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blondenconfused
    • Nov 2004

I need help!

I need some serious help here. Okay, see I have downloaded music from walmart.com and they are wma files,however, real one player cd burner doesnt have them listed as mp3s. Now when i try to convert the wmas to mp3s...the wma's dont even show up and are not a choice in the choose what files youre lookin for box. Now what do i do?
    Last edited by blondenconfused; November 28, 2004, 08:53 PM.
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: I need help!

Originally posted by blondenconfused
    I need some serious help here. Okay, see I have downloaded music from walmart.com and they are wma files,however, real one player cd burner doesnt have them listed as mp3s. Now when i try to convert the wmas to mp3s...the wma's dont even show up and are not a choice in the choose what files youre lookin for box. Now what do i do?
    Well, wma file cannot show up as mp3 files since they are not mp3. They are a different compressed file format, native to WIndows Media Player. Real Player will play its own native file formats (Real Media .ra, .rm) as well as a few other standard formats like .wav and .mp3 .

WIndows Media Player plays stabdard formats like .wav, .mp3 and the native Windows Media like .wma.

Players lile dAP (dBpoerAMP player) plays a large variety of file formats for which you have installed the codecs.

This being said, I suppose you cannot use the Real Player cd burning software to burn an audio cd from wma files. I'm not sure if Real Player has a plugin for wma, if so, then it's possible. Otherwise the wma files will need to be converted first to wav (or mp3 or real media formats) before being burned to audio cd by Real Player.

Windows Media Player can also burn an audio cd from the files it can play, including wma. If you can do that your are in business. Burn an audio cd with them and then re-rip that cd to mp3 using dMC Audio CD Input (if mp3 is what you need).

Another possibility is to use dMC (after installing the required wma codec) to convert the wma files to wav or mp3 and then use whatever cd burning software to burn your audio cd.

But you will also probably encounter another more serious problem. It is highly likely that your wma files are in fact encrypted, protected, against conversion to other formats. If dMC cannot convert it despite having the codecs properly installed, then that is the case. If furthermore Windows Media Player will not burn an audio cd with them, then it means it also does not accept your ownership license of those files. If it can play them then you can record the audio to a wav or mp3 by using dMC Auxiliary Input http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5362 , after which you can burn them by whatever burning program you have.

There have been other more or less proven methods discussed in relation to encrypted and protected wma files, but let's see if any of this works first.
    Last edited by ChristinaS; November 28, 2004, 09:08 PM.

Comment

• DaMarcus
      • Dec 2004

Re: I need help!

Simply use the NERO codec Page, use a trial of Nero (ahead) and install the codec. but be shure that what you are doing is legal, in what you signed on the download site of the music.

In Nero treat the wma's just like wav or mp3. And burn them down.

M.

Comment

Working...

]]>