title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

converting atrac to Mp3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hoey83
    • Nov 2004

converting atrac to Mp3

hey,
    don't know if this question has already been answered on this forum, but here's me situation.
    I have about 3500 songs on my computer all in Sonicstage, hence all in atrac format. I was using this for my Mini disc player, however, I'm about to go and by an ipod, so I'm wanting to convert all these files to Mp3 so I can put them on my ipod. I'm going overseas in like 4 days and I need to get it sorted by then. Can anyone here help me with this? Peferably tell me where I can get some free software which will convert.
    Thanks guys so much!!!
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: converting atrac to Mp3

Try this program here: http://forums.minidisc.org/viewtopic.php?t=6087. It is not perfect but it is the best free tool I know of for this job. Follow the instructions given.

Be aware that your iPod will use a program called iTunes for converting your tracks to the iPod. As is the case with SonicStage, it heavily discourages other uses for these tracks so please save your tracks in a standard format somewhere so you can do what you will with them later and not have them get locked into iTracks when you want to use them for some other purpose.

Good luck and best wishes,
    Bill mikkelsen

Comment

Working...

]]>