title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

movie file with .cda extension

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

movie file with .cda extension

hi,
    i have a movie cd with .cda extension, when i play the the movie in my vcd player or any other movie player it player properly, but when i try to play the same cd in my computer i am not able to play
    i get the error the format is not supported becuase the file is with
    .cda extension

I don't understand the problem

could u please help me to resolve this issue
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: movie file with .cda extension

My guess is that this is a video on video cd format. If the extension is cda your problem may arise because your system assumes it is an audio cd and the default program(s) the systems have for cd cannot play it. I would suggest that you see if you can open it in Windows Media Player. If WMP does not recognize it then perhaps changing your system's file preferences (or perhaps changing the file's extension) would help. You may find this site helpful: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/2496/vcdfaq.html

Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• ChristinaS
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2004

This is a bit strange. The extension of the actual video file for a VCD should really be .dat, not .cda .

I'm wondering if you're not looking at a mixed type of cd, whereby the first part is like any ordinary audio cd with audio tracks apeparing as .cda and the second part is a video segment. Are you using Windows Explorer to browse the CD?

See if you don't also have some extra segments and look inside those for a large file with the .dat extension, that should be the video in fact.

In any case, a .dat is still not played in WMP on a pc directly. You can copy the file to your HD and rename it to an .mpg extension and see if it plays.

Comment

• paresh

Originally posted by Unregistered
        hi,
        i have a movie cd with .cda extension, when i play the the movie in my vcd player or any other movie player it player properly, but when i try to play the same cd in my computer i am not able to play
        i get the error the format is not supported becuase the file is with
        .cda extension

I don't understand the problem

could u please help me to resolve this issue

Comment

Working...

]]>