title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Server Warp

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Server Warp

This is to report that I am having problems accessing the new server. At times I get logged into the new server and at times I get logged into the old server. I have also had the experience of replying to a thread on the new server and ending up in the old server seemingly unable to get out.

While I am sure this will be ironed out soon, do you have any advice for other users who might get stuck in this sort of fix?

Thanks and best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Server Warp

Originally posted by xoas
    This is to report that I am having problems accessing the new server. At times I get logged into the new server and at times I get logged into the old server. I have also had the experience of replying to a thread on the new server and ending up in the old server seemingly unable to get out.

While I am sure this will be ironed out soon, do you have any advice for other users who might get stuck in this sort of fix?

Thanks and best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen
    Somebody ought to have closed the forum on the old server - maybe it can still be done.

A big visible message should be posted here now with a warning.

[COLOR=red]Also everybody should empty their pc's cache.

Start > Run >cmd and then execute ipconfig /flushdns and exit.

Also CTRL +F5 for good measure[/COLOR].

Your getting switched back and forth like this is weird. It may be your ISP who can't make up their mind which DNS info they are using.

I was unable to access the new server until just a little while ago from home, but at least it was consistent.

The good news is that by tomorrow at teh latest it will all be sorted out.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

That is right, ISPs have multiple DNSs one minute you will be on the updated, the next an old record from 24 hours ago - until 48 hours has passed there is nothing that can be done.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2002

Seems to be going OK now.
        (Fingers tightly crossed)

Comment

Working...

]]>