title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Slow down music?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sc00ter1808
    • Sep 2004

Slow down music?

Hello, I am learning to play an instrument and with the help of recorded music help to learn but with faster types of music I want to find a audio player that has the ability to slow it down to help read the music. Does anyone know of an audio player that has this ability? Thanks!
  • Craze
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Oct 2002

Re: Slow down music?

If there's a player out there that can do this, I'm not aware of it. But there is some Audio Editing software that can change the speed and or the pitch of any song that you may want to apply it to. The power pack may be able to do this as well.

Audacity is freeware.
    Download Audacity for free. A free multi-track audio editor and recorder. Audacity is a free, easy-to-use, multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. Audacity is free software, developed by a group of volunteers and distributed under the GNU General Public License (GPL).

Hope this is helpful.
    Good luck.
    Craze

Comment

• Razgo
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

slow down the music would only result in slowmotion sound. what instrument? you mentioned reading music you wanted slowed down?

Comment

• Sc00ter1808
        • Sep 2004

I want to read the music (Japanese(Okinawan) Sanshin) and listen to it at a slower pace and tried a program "Amazing slow downer". This would be a great program but always cuts out during the middle of the song. Have you heard of anyother programs that wold slow down the music without messing with the pitch?
        Thanks!

Comment

• Craze
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Oct 2002

Audacity will do it. It has options to change only the speed, or only the pitch, or you can change both. It works. I've done it. Go try it.

Comment

• Unregistered

You can also try the Roni website at http://www.ronimusic.com/ . Program is called Amazing Slow Downer. I think the free version will only do portions of songs, but the complete version may do the whole song.

Brian

Comment

Working...

]]>