title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Atrac to Ogg Vorbis

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kiwibc
    • Jul 2004

Atrac to Ogg Vorbis

Hiya,

I have a fair bit of music stored in Mini Disc format. I am buying an Iriver and want to convert all the music to Ogg Vorbis as it seems to be the best format around based on the surfing I've done to date. Is this possible? I didn't see Atrac as one of the codecs DMp provided. Also the damn mini disc prevents you from up loading it to a computer bar the original one that you originally transferred it to. As at the time I didn't have a computer and recorded through analogue in real time this means I con't transfer it digitally by USB and have to do another 200 hours of real time recording. Anyone know of any way to get around this?

Cheers
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Atrac to Ogg Vorbis

Originally posted by kiwibc
    Hiya,

I have a fair bit of music stored in Mini Disc format. I am buying an Iriver and want to convert all the music to Ogg Vorbis as it seems to be the best format around based on the surfing I've done to date. Is this possible? I didn't see Atrac as one of the codecs DMp provided. Also the damn mini disc prevents you from up loading it to a computer bar the original one that you originally transferred it to. As at the time I didn't have a computer and recorded through analogue in real time this means I con't transfer it digitally by USB and have to do another 200 hours of real time recording. Anyone know of any way to get around this?

Cheers
    Can you read the mini-disc itself as data files in your pc's cd rom drive?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

ATrac is a pretty bad format, converting to ogg will loose more quality, so you are best to re-rip from original CD.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Ah yes, unfortunately I gave all my CD's away as presents and they are scattered all over the global by now. I didn't anticipate change of format or music playing device...lesson learned! As to whether or not I can read my mini disc in my pc's cd rom drive, I don't understand sorry. I have the Sony's Jukebox software which through USB can access the data on the mini disc but this is coded to ignore those tracks that are not digtially stamped by the computer that is trying to upload them. Basically it comes back saying there are no tracks that can be uploaded. Do you mean try and use other software to access the mini disk player as an external drive? Or do you mean obtain another external reading device similiar to how a normal multi card reader reads say compact flash, SD cards etc? I don't really understand what a cd rom drive has do to with anything, sorry.

Comment

• xoas
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2002

If you are still interested and still stuck, you may want to check out this information here: http://forums.minidisc.org/viewtopic.php?t=6087 Perhaps it may help.

Best wishes,
          Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

Working...

]]>