title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dbpoweramp comparison?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

dbpoweramp comparison?

What makes dbpoweramp better than audiograbber (http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net) and easy cd extractor (http://www.poikosoft.com) ??

I've tried all three of them and I found out:

1) Audiograbber has the best CD-ripper interface, but no conversion functions
    2) Easy CD extractor has almost as good interface as audiograbber plus much more features incl file converter & burner
    3) dbpoweramp seems to have quite functions but the interface is really crappy and it does not rip protected cds like audiograbber and easy cd does.
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: dbpoweramp comparison?

i dont think i have ever seen a detailed comparison before. your comparison is rather lacking any details.

it would takes days to go through all of the dbpoweramp software such as dap, file selector, dmc, auxiliary input etc etc....

dbpoweramp is not one thing. it is a combination of many powerfull audio utilities. it is from a cd ripper to an advanced audio manager using MMC technology, to an audio cd burner.

crappy interface? can you define that a bit better to clarify exactly what your saying?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

He is probabbly not running 'Audio CD Input'
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• donny
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Oct 2002

probably, and dMC is best run with the right-click on the file, not by running the exe itself...

Comment

• Razgo
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

good point. audio cd input has a great interface. but not everyone will be happy i guess. but at least there is a wish list here

Comment

• MetalMan
            • Jun 2002

I think the problem most people have is that years of Windows has ingrained them to think a certain way. . . and all the dbpoweramp utils have what many consider "Alternative" interfaces (note the s) instead of one giant GUI with lots of pretty signage.

Comment

• Razgo
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

metalman, i think you have a good point there. Spoons GUI way of doing things is very different and i guess it does make dbpoweramp very different.

it's just a case of understanding how dbpoweramp works rather than trying to make it look like the rest.

Comment

• OldCoder
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Sep 2003

No offense Spoon, but there is one factor that may involve your GUI that may be at issue here.

There isn't a prominent "help" facility.

There is a great deal more to dbPowerAmp than is apparent on the surface, and if this individual is doing a cursory search, it is very easy to underestimate the power available here. Likewise, a cursory view of the matrix of tools will not reveal the reliability of the code, or the responsiveness of the author.

It just isn't easy to learn in an evening - but it does reward persistence!

If everything were skinable, we could have a lot of fun creating a Micro$oft interface, while relying on "Spoonware".

Comment

• MetalMan
                  • Jun 2002

OldCoder brings up a good suggestion. I know it'd be a lot of work, but I'd love to have even more control over the interface layout. Think you could make it work with XML or something similar that people could change? Sorry know this is more of wishlist thing, but it seems appropriate considering the discussion.

Comment

• donny
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Oct 2002

interesting ideas... though hard to implement...

I guess most people don't bother reading the help files that come with dAP... should probably connect it more with the prog...

Comment

• Razgo
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

you guys should put that in the wish list for Spoon to keep track of.

Comment

Working...

]]>