title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How can I get my old vinyl to an CD??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

How can I get my old vinyl to an CD??

Need to get some of my god old vinyl in to CD's. My car dosn't have a recordplayer...
    I had Terratec Phono PreAmp Studio in the begining.. but by a misstake I lost the sotware CD... Is there another program I can use, and how ??? I would be grateful for help ! ;o)
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: How can I get my old vinyl to an CD??

Obviously you will first need to connect your turntable to the input to your PC's sound card. Once you have managed this you will need software to record the sound.

You could use dBpowerAMP's Auxiliary Input, add-on to the Music Converter, program that can be configured to split up the source into various tracks as the recording takes place. You also have the ability to save the recording in a variety of formats not just WAV.

Another freeware program is Audacity which supports MP3, WAV and OGG. It is a nice sound file editor.

I am currently using WaveRepair to record and clean up my LP recordings. Although it is shareware its recording and track splitting functions are still available after the trial period has ended.

Check out this thread

Wayne
    Last edited by Wayne; March 20, 2004, 02:49 AM.

Comment

• desert rat
      • May 2004

Re: How can I get my old vinyl to an CD??

If you have Roxio 6, go to Audio Central. Clk on one of the icons for wav editor, you will find "record from analog source",

Comment

Working...

]]>