title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Codecs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JahSun
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Nov 2003

Codecs

I was wondering if there is anyway for the Codecs that DMC & DAP use to be made universal. That is, can we install these wonderful OGG, APE, MPC etc codecs into Windows. I know that if you go to the Device Manager & look under Sound, Video and Game controllers (WIn XP) you have listings for both Audio & Video Codecs. None of my DB PowerAMP codecs show up there. A good example is the excellent LAME MP3 codec which DMC uses. Under my Audio Codec, I only have an old Frauenhoffer IIS Mp3 codec. In fact, the majority of the codecs listed there are from the mid 90's!!!

If anyone knows how to bring the goodness of Codec Central to the Windows System... let me know.

P.S. Isn't LAME the wrong word/ acronym to describe what are most certainly the least lame codecs around. (literally & slang):smile2:
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Codecs

All native windows knows about are 'wave acm codecs' they cannot read anything outside of a .wav file.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• donny
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Oct 2002

man it's lame to call a codec lame :D
      he he just kidding

Comment

• JahSun
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Nov 2003

In case anyone doesn't know already. There are Nero plugins for our favorite cutting edge codecs. This allows you to skip the step of unencoding to wav before burning an audio cd. http://neroplugins.cd-rw.org/

Enjoy! They have Ogg, Mpc, Ape, Flac. Shn and more.

Comment

Working...

]]>