title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

from CD to hard drive, back to CD ??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aladdinsgenie
    • Jul 2003

from CD to hard drive, back to CD ??

I bought a Harry Potter Audio book and right away put it on my hard drive as a back up. Now the disc's are scratched and i WAS going to burn new CD's BUT - it says "The file 'D:\Harry Potter book 3\Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Disc 1\Track 01.wma' is encrypted which dMC is not able to decode." Now how do i get myself out of this mess?? :cry: :( Please help if you can. I did a capture on the tag for disc one if you need any of the information there.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: from CD to hard drive, back to CD ??

See if Windows Media Player will allow you to burn a cd?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• aladdinsgenie
      • Jul 2003

I did, and it did, but in the WMA format so its not any good to play in my cd player. I didnt want to play it with the computer. I thought it would comvert it to CDA but it didnt.

Comment

• RossRoy
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2003

Originally posted by aladdinsgenie
        I did, and it did, but in the WMA format so its not any good to play in my cd player. I didnt want to play it with the computer. I thought it would comvert it to CDA but it didnt.
        When you burn the CD with WMP, just make sure to select AudioCD as the destination.

Comment

• aladdinsgenie
          • Jul 2003

when i clicked on create CD it just did it, it didnt ask for a destionation, how do i set it please??

Comment

• RossRoy
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2003

when i clicked on create CD it just did it, it didnt ask for a destionation, how do i set it please??
            I'm assuming you are running WMP9, though 7&8 are similar, if I remember well.

In the vertical left task bar, you click on COPY TO CD OR DEVICE

Then the window is divided in two, on the left, what you want to copy on the CD or device, on the right, the destination. There should be a drop down list on the right hand side where you can choose where you want to copy the stuff.

Comment

• aladdinsgenie
              • Jul 2003

i'm running the WMP V 7.1 As i was told that the new V 9 can cause other problems. The version i have does not give me the option to choose a destination. I am using the Win98SE OS, so i suppose i should update the MP to V9. What do you think?

Comment

• RossRoy
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • May 2003

i'm running the WMP V 7.1 As i was told that the new V 9 can cause other problems. The version i have does not give me the option to choose a destination. I am using the Win98SE OS, so i suppose i should update the MP to V9. What do you think?
                Well I don't know.. I personnally never had any problems with WMP9. But there should be an option somewhere to tell WMP7 to burn an AudioCD instead of a DataCD.. Maybe in the options somewhere (sorry I can't check, my three computers have WindowsXP and they all run WMP9).

Maybe someone else could chime in and tell us how to do it?

Comment

• aladdinsgenie
                  • Jul 2003

ok, i'll download the version 9 and try that, thanks for your input.

Comment

Working...

]]>