title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Shutdown

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hiperpinguino
    • May 2002

Shutdown

Hey Spoon. Was wondering if you could slip an option in that old "shutdown" program to shut down the computer at a certain time. You know, for those times that you've got your computer doing something when you want to go to bed and you'd like to have it shut down in an hour or so. Thanks!
  • donny
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Oct 2002

Re: Shutdown

I think you can shcedule that from control panel, and if only dap is on then there will be no problems to shutdown...

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Will add request, it is likely to be a long time before I get a chance to look at Shutdown.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• hiperpinguino
        • May 2002

Hey donny, I feel like a complete idiot, but how do you do that from the control panel?

Comment

• donny
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Oct 2002

well at first I though that it is built in to windows using shedule task... now I checked it out, and it shows that you need some additional program (like shutdown.exe for XP) and then you shedule that task at the desired time.... you should probaly search the web for more... I know I read somewhere how to do this without additional programs, but I can't remember how :(

Comment

• donny
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Oct 2002

Here's what I've found (from lockergnome)

1)If you have to shutdown windows quickly, create a new shortcut. For the application, type: "C:\WINDOWS\RUNDLL32.EXE User,ExitWindows" (without the quotes) -- If opened, this shortcut will immediately shut down Windows without prompting. This, too, is something that you don't have to download a third-party utility for. The ability is already built-in to Windows! Another great resource saver...

2)Windows XP comes with a tool that'll essentially do the same thing. SHUTDOWN.EXE should be launched from a "CMD" prompt or used in conjunction with the proper switches: -l logs off the current user. -s shuts down the local computer. -r reboots after shutdown. -a aborts a scheduled shutdown. -f forces running applications to close (dangerous). -m [\\ComputerName] specifies the computer that you want to shut down. -t [xx] sets the timer for shutdown in [xx] seconds (20 by default).

- so it can be done I guess you'll just need to test this...

Comment

• hiperpinguino
              • May 2002

sweet, thanks!

Comment

• pakmenu
                • Sep 2005

tried the rundll32 solution but for windows XP rundll32 is in system32 directory, and it says the username is an application that does not exist.
                all the switches given for shutdown.exe are they for illustrates version of shutdown? what would be the switch for hybernate??

foobar can set a timer for shutdown in X minutes... maybe that helps?
                it's found in menu 'components' then select 'sceduler' and 'configure'
                click add and make one for shutdown after x minutes....

Comment

• donny
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Oct 2002

the info I published in that post is from lockergnome.com - a tech info site... so it is for windows xp in general not for dbpoweramp. the tool for shuting down dap is not developed yet.

shutdown.exe doesn't have a switch for hibernate as far as i can see... detailed use can alos be get from "shutdown.exe /?" - displaying the built in help for this tool.

Comment

Working...

]]>